Did Your Vehicle Fail the Smog Test?
Smog Test Repair
That's okay, you are in good hands at Superior Auto Clinic. We will complete any needed repairs and reinspect your vehicle.
The 4 most common smog check repairs:
- Bad O2 Sensor Replacement
- Bad Fuel Metering Adjustment
- Rich Fuel Mixture Adjustment
- Faulty EVAP System Part Replacement
If your oxygen sensor malfunctions it cannot properly monitor the exhaust and may cause overheating and loss of engine power and the release of toxic emissions. Superior Auto Clinic in North Hollywood can help you replace your O2 sensor quickly and get you back on the road fast.
Proper air-fuel measurement prior to mixing is necessary for a smooth-running engine. Most drivers discover their vehicles has a fuel metering problem when the "Check Engine Light" is displayed. At Superior Auto Clinic in North Hollywood we have state of the art computer programs that identify the exact check engine light diagnostic code and quickly complete the appropriate repairs.
Come to Superior Auto Clinic in North Hollywood to determine if your vehicle is putting out high levels of carbon monoxide due to a lack of oxygen in the combustion cycle. This can happen because of a faulty MAF sensor or oxygen sensor or because of leaking fuel injectors.
EVAP (Evaporative Emission Control System) problems occur when your vehicle is leaking gasoline vapors into the air. Superior Auto Clinic in North Hollywood can repair troublesome leaks or cracks in your vehicle's vacuum hoses, seals or gas cap.
Worried About the Cost of Smog Check Repairs?
- Apply for Consumer Assistance, this is a program offering income-eligible consumers assistance toward emissions-related repairs at STAR test-and-repair stations if their vehicle fails its biennial Smog Check inspection.
- Talk to the pro mechanics at Superior Auto Clinic about starting a maintenance plan. Regular maintenance can reduce smog check failures and high-cost auto repairs in the future.
Timothy Sullivan, 09/30/2022
I can’t say enough great things about this shop. Paul and Berj are both incredibly friendly and great at keeping you in the loop. They let you know the ballpark price and don’t BS you. After I was rear ended I initially went to the other party’s insurance company’s preferred shop and was told that my car was totaled. Brought the car to Superior and their quote was less than half for MORE work done than the original shop was going to perform. These guys literally saved me thousands and I’ll be bringing my car back here for everything.